Sunday, February 6, 2011

Speak Up

 Before I decided to write a blog, I found myself torn because I knew that a blog would be a great way for other young women who have experienced motherhood as a teen to connect and share their stories. On the other hand, however, I found it difficult to find that same certainty when deciding whether or not I had anything important to say. Have you ever felt that way?  Sometimes there are all these great people around us and we think to ourselves, “Wow! I wish I could be like that!”  Now, I know everyone should be raising their hands on this one. We live in a world where we are constantly trying to make ourselves better. Whether it is through make-up, the clothes we wear, the job we have, or the amount of money we make, we are always trying to build ourselves up. So I know that you too think of ways to better yourself.  I know that I do. SO why can’t you?
How many times have you heard people talk about the power of one? Let me tell you, it is so true. We ALL have a unique story, and within each and every one of those stories is the power to impact the life of someone else. That truly is the power of one. Just as my experience being a teen mom will differ from yours, yours will be different from the next person’s. So, tell your story whenever you can because your story holds inspiration for someone else. You have something important to say! You just have to stop letting your fears silence you.
I went to a presentation by Zach Mercurio and Keith Lopez at Colorado State University. They talked about finding your purpose. This presentation really had my attention because I am a firm believer that there is a purpose for each life. The problem is that most people are living a “bull**** purpose as they called it. They said that we constantly are killing our dreams-YES you to are a dream killer. We have our moments when we think of something awesome to do and then within seconds of the thought we begin to tell ourselves that we can’t do it.
 Don’t you just hate that word- CAN’T?  I do! Well stop living in the CAN’T and speak up! Tell your story! I promise you that you will never hear one just like it.

The Mic is YOURS!





 We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.” 

-Eleanor Roosevelt 

2 comments:

  1. please leave a comment tell me what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a teen mother, however, I still felt that this blog somehow applied to me.

    ReplyDelete